What is Colon Hydrotherapy?
Colon Hydrotherapy is a safe, simple and effective cleansing procedure that flushes waste from the large intestines by gently introducing warm, filtered water into the colon, washing out debris from the bowels.
The three key actions for colon hydrotherapy are to:
1) Hydrate the intestines by safely and comfortably delivering water to irrigate the colon.
2) Activate peristalsis of the colon.
3) Evacuate the contents of the large intestines.
Common Question and Answers
1. Is colon hydrotherapy safe?
Yes, in fact, colon irrigation is much safer and easier than the common enema.
2. How does a colon hydrotherapy treatment compare to an enema?
An enema only reaches the rectum and lower part of the colon, whereas with colon hydrotherapy the entire length of the colon is reached and it is many more times effective. According to Dr. Norman Walker, "One colon irrigation is equivalent to 30 enemas."
3. Do the treatments hurt?
No. In fact many people report their colon hydrotherapy sessions as being both refreshing and relaxing.
4. How much of the intestines are actually cleansed during a colon hydrotherapy treatment?
It is possible to cleanse the entire length of the colon during a professionally administered session. The small intestine is not specifically involved: however, the small intestine may be cleansed with the help of an oral intestinal cleanser.
5.Are there any contraindications to colon hydrotherapy?
If you have a concern about your health or the appropriateness of the colon hydrotherapy for you, you should consult your physician or licensed healthcare practitioner. Contraindications for colonics include, but not limited to: recent colon, rectal or abdominal surgery, congestive heart failure, intestinal perforations, carcinoma of the rectum, fissures or fistula, severe hemorrhoids, abdominal hernia, renal insufficiency, pregnancy and cirrhosis of the liver. Professionally administered colon hydrotherapy is otherwise safe.
6. Is there any possibility of bacterial or viral contamination from prior use of the colonic equipment?
Each client uses single-use, sterile rectal nozzles. The use of sterile disposable coupled with the implementation of sanitation protocol with disinfectants leaves no danger of contamination.
7. How long does a session take?
Actual session time is about 30-45 minutes, but you should plan on about 1 and 1/2 hours for your first consultation with session.
8. Will I experience any intestinal discomfort or fatigue after the cleansing?
Usually not, but everyone is different. Some report a slight feeling of tiredness, but this is similar to the feeling you have after vigorous exercise. After a session, sipping warm liquids is usually very soothing. If you have concerns, consult with your colon hydrotherapist.